Saturday, August 28, 2010

El Segundo Baby Shower


So I think I honestly have the best family in the world. My aunts in El Segundo gave me a baby shower and it was so much fun! We had amazing taco salads with my favorite guacamole and salsa made by my aunt Trish. :)

I also had another very fun surprise at my shower. My best friend and roommate from college, Mary, showed up without telling me! I thought she was in Washington DC and as she was walking up to the house I didn't even recognize her! I was like who is this girl? She must be coming here because she has a baby gift bag in her hand. It took a few seconds but then I realized it was Mary! :) She has made it to all of my main events in life since college- bridal shower, wedding, and now baby shower. :)

I got a lot of great gifts and seriously after that I cant think of much else I need. I even have some gift card money left over to put towards diapers. :) Jimmy's very happy to hear that. We feel so loved and have so much support from everyone. It really does help us out tremendously as we begin our new little family. I feel so grateful for all that I have been blessed with in my life and to begin this new chapter. It makes it a lot easier with a loving and supportive husband and with great friends and family who are there along the way. Thanks so much to everyone! We love you!


4 comments:

Michelle said...

Ah Ann you look so cute! That's so fun that Mary surprised you! I can't wait to picture of the cute baby Stewart when he/she comes!

Keechler said...

Looks like alot of fun. Can't wait for the one out here. Hope you are feeling well.

Jack and Mel said...

That was so fun! Wow I cannot wait for the little one to get here. I can't believe your due date is here! Love you hot mama!

Mary Jo said...

Thanks for the shout-out! It was so good to be there.