Sunday, May 20, 2012

Father and Son Camp Out

So Jimmy took Mark on this first camp out this weekend, and they had a blast! They left Friday evening at about 5pm and came home Saturday afternoon. I was shocked that they made it through the night. I thought for sure Jimmy would bring him home at like 1 am or something. Mark loved following all the boys around and throwing rocks into a nearby pond. Which apparently, he did for most of the camp out. They ate hot dogs and marshmallows for dinner and Mark was in heaven. :) It took Jimmy 2 1/2 hours to get him to sleep. He said that Mark was just super excited to be in the tent and was just running around in there. He finally gave up at about 11:30pm and woke up at 6am! But the good thing was he slept straight through. When they got home, Mark smelt like camp fire and had dirt all over his face. It was so cute! :) I could tell he had such a great time with his Daddy. Jimmy did so well with him. I am so grateful that I have such an amazing husband and father for my son. :) 

Mommy also had a great time during the camp out. :) As soon as they left Friday evening it felt so weird to be by myself and know that it would be like that the rest of the night. So of course the first thing I did was clean the house. But that didn't take long at all because I didn't have Mark making new messes along the way. After that I went to Zumba to work out, and then picked up Chipotle and some delicious desserts from Wholefoods. I came home, ate, took a bubble bath, and stayed up late watching TV. I slept in the next morning, and was extremely happy that the boys made it through the night without coming home. :) Needless to say, it was a great weekend in the Stewart home. :)

Here are a few pictures that Jimmy took at the camp out. 


Mark outside of his and Daddy's tent. 


He loves sticks. 


Mark and Daddy


Jimmy said they were camped out next to this little pond that Mark loved to throw rocks in. Jimmy said he pretty much did that the entire time. :)


Jimmy said he took this picture at 6am- the time that they woke up. Pretty early! Especially since they didn't fall asleep until 11:30pm.


Mark taking it all in. :)


Mark and Daddy roasting marshmallows. Jimmy said he was more interested in eating the mallows right out of the bag, instead of roasting them. :)

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Oh my gosh, he is super adorable. His face melts me!